Harris Elementary School, built in 1994, is the newest elementary school building in the district. The school is rich in history and dedicated to the education of children. Originally, the school was located at the present School District Administrative Offices on Country Club Road where it was known as Black Jack School. It became part of the City of St. Charles School District in 1918. It was renamed in the 1960's as Willie M. Harris Elementary in honor of the retirement of a dedicated principal and teacher of the school. It is located in the west end of the District.
Our school mission is to provide a solid education in a caring and nurturing environment. It reflects the mission of the District which states that teaching and learning are the two most important activities in our school.
The PTO organization and its many volunteers
provide tremendous support as the staff, parents, students, and community
work together to develop the youth of St. Charles.